Thursday 7 July 2016

Milton Keynes Training

Recently I have been attending training sessions at the Snozone in Milton Keynes, this is a bit of a trek from where we live but it has been worth the travel as these sessions are disability specific (my training in Manchester is with able-bodied athletes) which I find very useful. These sessions happen around once a month, and are put on for people on the development pathway for the British Parasnowsport Team. It is great for me to ski with other people with disabilities, especially those who ski in a monoski, as it gives me the chance to watch what other people do and implement it into my own skiing technique.


My training in much more difficult courses (designed to challenge able-bodied skiers) at the Chill Factore in Manchester has meant that I find courses set for skiers with disabilities much easier. This allows me to focus on increasing speed rather that just keeping my balance and not crashing out of the course.

Here is a video from the latest training session.







This Saturday I will be travelling to Milton Keynes once again for a whole day of skiing this time, in the morning there will be the usual race training, before an afternoon of racing in Disability Snowsport UK’s Access for All Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Return to Skiing, and a Return to Landgraaf

With only a few hours in indoor snow domes (since my operation and the debacle that followed) as practice, in November I once again headed...