Wednesday 15 June 2016

Exciting News!

A few weeks ago I found out that my application to the Chill Factore (the indoor ski slope in Manchester where I train) for sponsorship had been successful. Last night I had a meeting with the Chill Factore during which I received my sponsored athlete jacket, had my photo taken with the other sponsored athletes for the year, and was given information about what this entails.
 


I am very thankful for the opportunities both the Chill Factore and the Disability Snowsport UK base there have given me, without them I may never have learnt to ski again after my HSP took away the use of my legs, and I certainly wouldn’t have been aiming to ski in the Paralympics one day.

The help given to me by both the Chill Factore and DSUK has meant that I have gone from this…




to this.






Skiing has given me back a sense of freedom that my wheelchair can’t, and has massively helped me to accept my disability. Thank you very much to both the Chill Factore and Disability Snowsport UK, I am very proud to represent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Return to Skiing, and a Return to Landgraaf

With only a few hours in indoor snow domes (since my operation and the debacle that followed) as practice, in November I once again headed...